It’s National Iced Coffee Day! But let’s face it, every day of the summer should be National Iced Coffee Day. If you’re not up for stopping at Starbucks or just want to learn how to make iced coffee at home, this recipe from How Sweet Eats is for you.
- 5 ounces brewed coffee, cold
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut (optional)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, cold
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Brew coffee and let cool (Can do this the night before and refrigerate overnight, or brew and let chill for a few hours).
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or using a bowl and an electric hand mixer), add cold coconut milk and sugar. Beat until peaks form and you have the consistency of whipped cream – about 6 minutes.
- Fill the bottom of your glass with 1-2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup, then add ice cubes. Pour in coffee, then coconut milk, then vanilla, then sugar and mix well with a spoon. Lastly, add in some toasted coconut (optional).
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of whipped coconut cream on top and another tablespoon or 2 of chocolate syrup.