“Potato salad was a staple in our house when I was growing up in south Alabama. Mama served it with everything from fried chicken and ham sandwiches to barbecue and burgers. The best part is it’s even better the next day.”
– Ginna Parsons, writer
- 3 pounds red or russet potatoes
- 3 eggs, boiled and peeled
- 3 dill pickles
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped dill, for garnish
- Peel and cube potatoes. Boil until tender. When done, drain and let potatoes and cool.
- Chop the eggs and the pickles.
- In a large serving bowl combine cooled potatoes, eggs and pickles.
- Add mayonnaise (more or less to taste), mustard, vinegar and spices, turning potatoes gently to coat. Garnish with fresh dill.
- Refrigerate, then serve.