The best banana bread you’ll ever make!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 overly ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1-2 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350. Apply nonstick cooking spray to a loaf pan before lining it with parchment, making sure there is an overhang on the long sides to ensure easy lifting later on.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together the butter and brown sugar until pale and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, use a fork to mash the bananas, then add eggs and extracts, and stir.
- Transfer the banana mixture to the butter and sugar, and beat until incorporated.
- Add in the dry ingredients, and mix until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix the chopped nuts by hand until just incorporated, then transfer the batter to the pan.
- Sprinkle the top with the white sugar, and bake for about 1 hour and 5 minutes, or until it’s a deep golden on top and a toothpick comes out clean.