Looking for a sweet, refreshing treat to bring to a Memorial Day weekend BBQ? We’ve got you covered. (Bonus points because it’s red, white and blue.)
Also, thank you to the men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice while serving our country.
Things you need: powdered sugar, graham crackers or vanilla wafers, berries of your choice, lemon juice, heavy whipping cream and cream cheese.
Mix the heavy whipping cream with a mixer until it is fluffy. If you over mix, add in a little more to make it smooth again.
Mix together the room-temperature cream cheese, powdered sugar and lemon juice. Use a fresh lemon if you have one, but I already had lemon juice in the fridge so I used that. Also, when I initially made this, I only used half of the cream cheese and had to end up making more, so that’s why it looks like a small amount!
Add in the whipped cream and mix until incorporated.
Line the pan with a thin layer of the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture.
Line the pan with graham crackers (or wafers).
Add another think layer of the cream cheese mixture.
Place the fruit down.
Add another layer of the cream cheese mixture to cover the fruit, and then repeat with the graham crackers or vanilla wafers. Add layers of this until the pan is full. I did three layers of graham crackers.
Top with the remaining cream cheese mixture and decorate with berries.
Leave in the fridge or freezer for at least 4 hours. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2-2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 18 graham crackers (or box of vanilla wafers)
- Lemon or lemon juice
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese (one package), room temperature
- In a large bowl, mix the heaving whipping cream with a mixer for about 4 minutes, or until fluffy.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and lemon juice together with a mixer in a separate bowl until well combined (best when cream cheese is room temp.).
- Add in the whipped cream and mix to incorporate. Set aside.
- Slice strawberries and set aside.
- Line the pan with a thin layer of the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture. Place 6 graham crackers on the pan, covering the bottom.
- Put a layer of the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture over the graham crackers. Put down a layer of strawberries and blueberries. Cover with another thin layer of the cream cheese mixture.
- Repeat to make multiple layers. (I did one layer of vanilla wafers because why not!)
- Finish with a layer of the cream cheese mixture on top, and then decorate with strawberries and blueberries in a design of your choice.
- Cover and place in fridge or freezer for at least 4 hours.
I used a 9x13 inch pan, but if you would like to use a square pan, half the recipe!