This appetizer brings the wow factor, but needs minimal effort.
- 1 baguette
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1/8 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Wash and core tomatoes, and remove all the seeds.
- Finely dice tomatoes, onions and garlic, and chiffonade the basil.
- Combine in a large bowl.
- Add balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, stir and taste.
- Add more salt and pepper as desired.
- Add olive oil, and stir. Set aside.
- Slice baguette, and use a broiler to toast pieces evenly.
- Top toasts with fresh mozzarella slices, add bruschetta on top of the cheese, and serve immediately.