This game day appetizer brings the heat to your table. Don’t forget a side of ranch for dipping!
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 cup panko
- Ranch for dipping
- For the sauce:
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, and grease two baking sheets.
- Trim the chicken, removing any extra fat or tendons. Cube into roughly one-inch pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. On a large plate or low bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, panko, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the chicken to the bowl with eggs and milk, and make sure each piece is well coated. Remove pieces about five at a time, and transfer to the breading station. Press the breading into the chicken to ensure it’s well coated. Transfer to a baking sheet, and repeat with remaining chicken – don’t overcrowd the pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and return to the oven. Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly and golden.
- In the meanwhile, mix together the butter, hot sauce and garlic powder in a large bowl. When the chicken is done cooking, transfer to the bowl and gently mix until every piece is well coated.
- Serve with a side of ranch.