This recipe is a staff favorite. Replace starchy pasta with butternut squash for a healthier take on this rich dish.
Butternut Squash Pasta
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled and left whole
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup fresh oregano leaves + 1 tablespoon chopped
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces prosciutto finely diced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Using a spiralizer, spiralize the squash into spaghetti size noodles. You can also cube the butternut squash.
- Place the butternut noodles or cubes on a baking sheet and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Once heated, add the bread crumbs, oregano, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Place the butter, remaining 1/2 cup oregano leaves and prosciutto in the skillet and saute over medium heat until the butter is browned and the prosciutto is crisp.
- Remove from the heat and add in the butternut squash noodles and toss to mix.
- Divide the pasta among bowls and top with breadcrumb mixture and feta. Serve warm.