Pumpkin season is finally here, and we’ve got plenty of recipes to help you enjoy fall! These cakey pumpkin blondies are sure to be a fan favorite!
Cakey Pumpkin Blondies
- 2 cups AP flour
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the dry ingredients; whisk until combined, and set aside.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, on a medium setting, beat the butter with the white and brown sugar until pale and fluffy, about two minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla, and mix until combined, followed by the pumpkin purée (scraping down the sides as needed).
- Reduce the speed to low, and add in all of the dry ingredients. Continue mixing until just combined.
- Switch to a rubber spatula, and gently fold in the chocolate chips, scraping down the sides in the process.
- Pour into the baking dish, and using the rubber spatula, evenly spread the batter. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes before cutting into approximately 18 pieces.