by Charlie Googe // photos by Lindsay Pace Daffron
There’s no better way to ring in the New Year than with champagne and chocolate. So why not combine them both? These little truffles are the perfect bite of fun.
- 20 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 8 ounces of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of champagne
- 3 tablespoons of dark cocoa powder
- Edible gold fleck (optional)
- Fill a medium pot with two inches of water, and bring it to a simmer.
- In a medium heatproof bowl, combine chocolate, heavy whipping cream and salt.
- Place the bowl on top of the pot. Make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Continuously stir the mixture until it’s melted and smooth, then remove it from the heat and whisk in the champagne.
- Cover the bowl and let the mixture chill in the refrigerator until set, at least 4 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- After the mixture is finished chilling, use a spoon to scoop out small portions of the mixture, and use your hands to form 1-inch rounds.
- Roll the truffles in cocoa powder until they are completely coated.
- Top with edible gold flecks (optional).