This easy meal packs a lot of flavor and nutrition, and can be ready in no time at all.
Chili Lime Salmon with Cilantro-Lime Rice
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 bell peppers, roughly cut
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sweet red chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- For the rice:
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Cook the rice as directed by the packaging, substituting the water with chicken broth.
- Move the oven rack to the top position, begin preheating the broiler and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Whisk the lime juice, garlic, sweet red chili sauce and honey until combined.
- On a large baking pan, place the salmon on half the sheet; place the peppers on the other half. Heavily coat the salmon in the sauce, and lightly drizzle over the vegetables. If there is any left over, save it for later.
- Broil for about 10 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
- While the salmon is cooking, add lime juice, garlic and cilantro to the rice, and fluff with a fork until combined.
- Create a bed of rice on the plate, top with a salmon fillet, paired with the bell peppers, and drizzle with remaining sauce; garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.