Just about everyone in the South has heard of a Coke cake, but what about Coke cookies?
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup Coca-Cola, flat
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Coca-Cola Frosting:
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Coca-Cola, flat
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- In a medium saucepan, brown the butter. Transfer to a glass bowl to prevent further cooking, and allow it to cool completely until it resolidifies.
- Preheat the oven to 350, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix.
- Once the butter reaches room temperature, transfer to a stand or hand mixer and beat together with the sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla, mixing until combined; followed by the Coke, mixing until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to transfer to a baking sheet. Bake for about 13 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- In the meantime, make the frosting by whipping together all the ingredients.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before frosting.