This Cola bacon takes sweet, savory and crispy to a new level!
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon
- 2 cups Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350, and line two baking sheets with foil. Over that, place oven-safe baking racks.
- In a medium pot, bring the Coke to a simmer and continue softly boiling until the Coke reduces down to one cup.
- In the meanwhile, combine the brown sugar and salt in a medium bowl.
- Once the Coke has been reduced, transfer to the bowl with the brown sugar, and stir until dissolved. Separate the strips of bacon, place them in the bowl and lightly massage the syrup mixture into the bacon. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Transfer bacon strips to the baking rack, not over crowding. When the bacon is evenly spread out, pour the remaining syrup over the strips.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove to flip the strips. Return for another 10-15 minutes, or until the bacon reaches the desired crispiness.