Cream cheese lovers unite: This recipe is the answer to all questions, dreams, and all things cream cheese frosting.
- 2 8-ounce blocks of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4-6 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or milk
- Cream together cream cheese, butter and vanilla using a stand or hand mixer.
- One cup at a time, add in powdered sugar, beating out any clumps between each addition. Keep adding powdered sugar until the frosting has reached the desired consistency.
- Add heavy cream or milk if the frosting is too thick.
Using room-temperature ingredients is key to ensuring a smooth frosting.
This recipe can be halved based upon how much frosting is needed.