Arguably some of the best pasta you may ever taste!
Creamy Tomato Vodka Pasta with Shrimp
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 medium onions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vodka
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 12 ounces shrimp, deveined with shells off
- 1/4 cup basil + more for garnishing
- 1 pound penne pasta
- Parmesan cheese for garnishing
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and garlic, and cook for 1-2 minutes, until aromatic.
- Add onion and seasoning, and cook until softened and slightly translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and vodka, and simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil, and cook the pasta al dente according to packaging.
- To the sauce, add heavy cream and allow to thicken.
- Add shrimp and basil to the sauce, and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add the pasta and 1 cup pasta water to the pan, and stir until evenly coated and the shrimp is fully cooked.
- Serve with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.