- 2 cups baking soda
1 cup cream of tartar
6 tablespoons Epsom salt
4 mixing bowls
1 tablespoon each of dried lavender, orange zest, and fresh rosemary
Essential oils in wild orange, lavender, and eucalyptus
Coconut or olive oil
Spray bottle filled with water
Silicone ice cube mold, size large (optional)
- Combine dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into three bowls.
- Mix the different recipes. Mix a single recipe in each of the four bowls. Or, if making one large batch of a particular scent, simply quadruple the recipe in a single bowl.
- Rosemary Eucalyptus for a cleansing bath. Combine 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, 15 drops eucalyptus essential oil and 2 teaspoons coconut or olive oil.
- Orange for an energizing bath. Combine 1 tablespoon orange zest with 15 drops of wild orange essential oil, and 2 teaspoons of coconut or olive oil.
- Lavender for a calming bath. Combine 1 tablespoon dried lavender, 20 drops of lavender essential oil, and 2 teaspoons of coconut or olive oil.
4. Mix ingredients. Once combined, test the mixture by squeezing a small amount in your palm. If the powder easily compresses together without crumbling, it is ready to place. If not, add a single spray of water at a time until you can roll it into a ball.
5. Add dried leaves and zest to mold first for decorative tops.
6. Place mixture in mold. Pack the mixture tightly into silicone mold.
7. Leave the mixture to dry for 24 hours.
8. Remove from molds and enjoy!