by Lindsay Pace
Get ready for the school year with this easy craft! A trip to your local hardware store can guarantee a colorful desk.
- Pegboard, cut to length of desktop
- Command Strips or a hammer and nails
- Wire baskets
- Craft supplies for storing, like scissors, washi tape or paint
- Fabric banner, cut to twice the length of pegboard
- At your local hardware store, cut a pegboard to the length of your desktop. Then, using Command Strips or a hammer and nails, secure the pegboard to the wall above your desk (our pegboard touches the bottom of our desk, but place it higher if preferred).
- Decorate with additional items, using nails or Command Strips to hang them. For instance, hang wire baskets to hold craft items or notebooks; add dipped paintbrushes for a pop of color; string a banner for extra fun.
- Enjoy your new, organized desk!