You only need three ingredients for these classic gingerbread ornaments!
-1 cup applesauce
-1/2 cup cinnamon
-2 tablespoons white glue
-string and scissors
- Mix together applesauce, cinnamon and white glue until combined and forms a soft dough.
- Knead is needed, and flatten out with a rolling pin. If the dough gets sticky, add a small amount of flour or more cinnamon.
- Cut out shapes with whatever cookie cutters you’d like. Poke a hole at the top of each ornament with a straw or pencil. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 2-3 hours, or let sit for 3-4 days.
- Once dry, tie a loop of string onto the ornament.