by Kristina Domitrovich
photos by Lindsay Pace
Love indoor plants but can’t stand how they can damage the furniture they’re on and hate the plastic protector trays? Make this trendy trivet, instead.
• Roughly 30 feet of twisted manila rope
• Hot glue gun & glue sticks
1. Make sure the rope’s end has a clean cut, so the beginning of the spiral will be clean.
2. Apply about 1/2 inch of glue onto the rope, then fold it over on itself once. Hold for five seconds, or until the glue dries.
3. Apply more glue on the now folded piece, and spiral the rope onto itself. Hold for five seconds, or until the glue dries. Repeat this process, until the trivet reaches roughly an inch wider than the pot on all sides.
4. When applying the final spiral, cut the rope at an angle (the shortest part should be closest to the spiral), and glue the shortest part to the spiral, to create a more seamless ending.
5. Place under the potted plant to protect your furniture from any water dripping.