High in protein, egg whites give you energy, satisfy hunger and keep you on track with New Year’s resolutions.
Egg White Frittata
- 4 cups egg whites
- 1 10-ounce package of frozen spinach
- 1/2 pound sliced mushroom caps
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 rosemary sprig
- Preheat oven to 350, and begin thawing frozen spinach
- In a pan on medium heat, add olive oil, then mushrooms, onions and spices. Sautee for five minutes, or until mushrooms have shrunk significantly, and onions are translucent and soft. Rid excess liquid off spinach using a cheesecloth.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites. Combine sauteed vegetables and spinach, and stir. Gently fold in 3/4 of the cheese, reserving some to sprinkle on top. Transfer to a greased loaf pan.
- Finely dice rosemary, and sprinkle on top, along with remaining cheese. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until eggs are cooked thoroughly.