This recipe is the perfect combination of flavors and textures. Whether this makes it to the Thanksgiving table, or if it becomes a weeknight staple, this roast will set the mood for any fall meal.
Fall Veggie Roast
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 large Honeycrisp apples
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely diced
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Wash Brussels sprouts and apples.
- Cut squash in half, and remove seeds and skin.
- Cut into 1/2-inch cubes, and place in a large bowl.
- Quarter the Brussels sprouts, thinly slice the onion and cut the apples into 1/2-inch cubes after coring. Add to the bowl.
- Add olive oil, rosemary and lemon juice, along with all spices.
- Mix thoroughly. To prepare ahead of time: Follow above instructions, omitting apples (prepare those immediately before baking), and store in refrigerator for up to two days.
- When ready to roast, preheat oven to 350.
- Evenly spread the mixture on a baking sheet, and drizzle once more with olive oil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until squash and Brussels sprouts are soft.
- Serve sprinkled with craisins and feta cheese.