Traveling this summer? Whether you’re flying or driving, keeping an organized bag will make your trip that much more enjoyable (and means more room for souvenirs).
In your carry on:
- Roll your clothes instead of folding them.
- Wear your bulkiest clothes or shoes instead of packing them.
- Maximize your space! Find all the nooks and crannies in your suitcase and stuff them with socks or underwear.
- Pack an extra tote bag for dirty clothes or things like souvenirs.
- Tuck a dryer sheet in your bag for extra freshness.
- Wrap your shoes in a shower cap, which stops things like dirt or sand from brushing off into your suitcase.
In your toiletry bag:
- Put a binder clip over your razor to protect fingers when you dig around your bag.
- Contact cases are a good way to bring small amounts of lotion or sunscreen.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap between the bottle and cap to prevent any spillage.
In your purse or personal item:
- Carry things you will need to easily access throughout your travels, like your wallet or passport.
- Keep headphone or charger cords organized by packing them in a glasses case.
- Don’t forget about entertainment — whatever you may want to do on the plane or during a layover, make sure you have it in your bag.