A crisp ale keeps this drink light, while basil and bourbon make the classic unique. Not to mention, a homemade honey simple syrup is sure to impress.
- .5 ounce honey simple syrup
- 1 12-ounce ale beer
- 1.5 ounces bourbon
- 2-3 sprigs of basil
- For the honey simple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- For the honey simple syrup: In a small saucepan, bring the honey and water to simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together honey simple syrup and basil. Add in ice and bourbon, and shake vigorously until chilled.
- Strain into a highball glass with ice, and top off with beer.