These French cookies are delicious and easy to make. They pair perfectly with a cup of coffee or tea and a lazy Saturday morning. Check out the video and the full recipe below.
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- madeleine pan
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter until it browns, about 5 minutes. Let it cool completely.
- In a bowl, stir together baking powder, flour and salt.
- In another bowl, add the sugar and eggs. Beat until it doubles in volume.
- Mix in the flour mixture.
- Next, add the lemon juice, vanilla and brown butter and combine.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray or coat the pan with butter. Scoop small amounts of batter into each cup, filling just the bottom. Do not overfill.
- Cook for about 14 minutes, but check around 12 minutes. Add more time if needed. Bake until they are golden brown in color and have formed a bump.
- Remove from the pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired and serve.