These pockets make a perfect grab-and-go lunch for kids and adults alike. Simply batch-prep and freeze for convenience.
Make-Ahead Chicken Broccoli Pockets
- 12 ounces rotisserie chicken, torn into small pieces
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 pounds pizza dough, room temperature
- All-purpose flour
- Ranch dressing, for serving
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli, bell pepper and garlic with the oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Roast, tossing once, until the broccoli is tender, about 25 to 20 minutes; let cool.
- Transfer to a medium bowl, add the mozzarella, and toss to combine.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll and stretch each piece into a 7-inch circle.
- Dividing evenly, spoon the broccoli mixture onto one side of each round (about 1/2 cup each), leaving a 1/2 inch border. Dot the border with water, fold the dough over to form a semicircle, and press firmly to seal.
- Place the pockets on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cut several slits in each. Bake pockets until golden brown, 20 to 35 minutes. Serve with ranch dressing.