Oats, medjool dates and sunflower seed butter make these little bars powerfully satiating. On top of their impressively clean ingredients list, this snack is easy on the environment and vegan-friendly.
No-Bake Magnolia Snack Bars
- 1 cup dried, pitted medjool dates
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup tablespoons pepita seeds
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed butter or nut butter of choice
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1-4 teaspoons water, as needed
- Optional toppings:
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 100% dark chocolate bars
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons pepita seeds
- Lightly grease or line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, remove from heat, and soak the dates for 15 minutes.
- Drain well, and add to a food processor. Pulse in a food processor until sticky, about 30 seconds.
- Add in oats, shredded coconut, hemp hearts, pepita seeds, sunflower seed butter, coconut oil, vanilla and spices, and pulse until fully combined, about 30 seconds. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time, checking between each addition to see if the mixture is sticky.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- For the topping:
- Over a double broiler, melt the chocolate and coconut oil.
- Spread over the pan’s contents, and immediately top with coarse salt, pepita seeds and shredded coconut.
- Return to the refrigerator to set for another 20 minutes.
- Cut with a knife and serve, store in the refrigerator.