Easy, comforting, delicious.
One-Pan Italian Sausage Stir Fry
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1/8 cup fresh basil
- Preheat a large skillet to medium heat, then add in the sausages. Cook for 5-8 minutes, browning on both sides.
- Remove from heat to slice into medallions.
- Return to heat, and brown the medallions on both sides, then set aside.
- To the same pan, add olive oil and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until aromatic.
- Add diced tomatoes and paste, followed by the marsala and all the seasonings, except for the fresh basil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add onions and peppers, and cook for 5-8 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add sausage medallions and basil, and continue to simmer for another 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and serve immediately.