With Tupelo buzzing this weekend with all things Elvis, we wanted to share a recipe that would make the King proud. We drew inspiration from his favorite sandwich- peanut butter banana (no bacon in here!). Make these cookies and then go out and enjoy the live music and Elvis Tribute Artist competitions going on all weekend around Tupelo!
Here’s what you need: Sugar, brown sugar, corn starch, baking soda, vanilla, peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, butter, flour, ripe bananas and salt (not pictured).
Whisk together the dry ingredients, including the corn starch, baking soda, flour and salt.
In a separate bowl, mix together the softened butter, brown sugar, sugar and bananas.
Mix in the vanilla.
Pour the dry ingredients into the banana mixture, and stir together until just combined.
Pour and mix in the chips!
Scoop them onto a cookie sheet and pop them in the oven (preheated to 375 degrees) for 10-12 minutes.
Let them cool (if you can wait!). These make super fluffy cookies! If you would like a chewier cookie, add less flour.
We think Elvis would approve!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (less for a chewier cookie)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and corn starch in a bowl.
- Mix together butter, brown sugar, sugar and bananas in a larger bowl.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour in and mix the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto a cookie sheet. Place in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool. Enjoy!