The sweetness of the plums and the freshness of the thyme pair ideally with the dry bubbles of Prosecco.
Plum and Thyme Prosecco
- 2 plums
- 1 tablespoon thyme simple syrup
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 1 squeeze of lemon
- 1 bottle Prosecco
- For the simple syrup: In a pot, combine 1/2 cup water and 3/4 cup sugar. 'Bring to a boil, and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat, add the thyme, and cool completely. Remove thyme before use.
- For the drink: Pit and chop two plums.
- Muddle the plums with the simple syrup and lemon juice in a separate glass, or in the serving glass for added texture.
- Strain and pour into a glass, and top with Prosecco.
- Garnish with plum slices and thyme.