Creamy, cheesy, garlicky and absolutely delicious – these potatoes will be the biggest hit at your table, and people will be begging this potato bake will make a reappearance year after year. The best part? You can make this goodness ahead of time, keeping your holiday-meal making right on schedule.
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Fresh thyme and chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wash and prick potatoes, and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until soft.
- Remove from oven.
- Once they have cooled enough to handle, cut in half. Scoop the insides of the potatoes into a mixing bowl, discarding the skins.
- Whip the potatoes with butter and cream until smooth.
- Using a press, add the garlic to the potatoes, along with seasoning and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 9x9 pan. To prepare ahead of time: Cover and refrigerate for up to two days before baking. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until warmed through and cheese is golden. Serve with fresh thyme and chives.