Few things are as comforting as a table full of Southern staples, like this potato salad.
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 4 Kosher dill pickles
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- Bring a large pot full of water to a boil, and carefully drop in cleaned potatoes with the skin still on.
- In the meanwhile, hard boil the eggs.
- Finely dice the onions and pickles, and transfer to a large bowl.
- When the potatoes are fork tender, drain from pot. Allow them to cool to the touch, and use the back of a paring knife to easily peel off the skin (discard).
- Peel the eggs, and use the finest side of a cheese grater or zester to grate them into the bowl.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes, and transfer to the bowl.
- Add in mayonnaise, mustard and all spices, and mix with a rubber spatula. Keep in the refrigerator until serving.