This creamy goodness is the perfect pumpkin treat you’ve been searching for.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons pure pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- For an extra creamy texture, beat the butter until pale yellow.
- Add honey, pumpkin purée and spices, and stir until well combined.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to a week, or freeze for six months.
- Spread on bread, toast, muffins or bagels.
It is key to use real butter. Margarine and other alternatives will not come together smoothly, and will separate when refrigerated.