Pumpkin season is finally here, and we’ve got plenty of recipes to help you enjoy the fall!
Pumpkin “Dutch Baby” with Streusel Topping
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup AP flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Streusel topping
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons AP flour
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of milk (as needed)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients and whisk; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients. Pour the dry into the wet, and use a rubber spatula to combine until fairly smooth.
- Place a large cast iron skillet in the oven for about three minutes, or until it is slightly heated. Add a tablespoon of butter, and spread with a spatula as it melts.
- Pour the batter into the skillet, and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, combine all the streusel ingredients with a fork until crumbly; set aside.
- At the end of the 15 minutes, carefully sprinkle the streusel on top of the pancake without removing it from the oven.
- Bake for another 5 minutes. Serve in slices, with maple syrup and butter as desired.