Christmas morning is magical for everyone, and this casserole is the perfect way to start such a meaningful day with family. Best of all? You practically just pop it in the oven, and let it go – getting you back to your family, sitting around the tree.
- 1 loaf of brioche bread
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- For topping:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Dice the bread into 1-inch squares, and place in a 9x13” pan.
- In a bowl, mix together wet ingredients, sugar, pumpkin puree, and spices.
- Pour the mixture over the brioche. To prepare ahead of time Refrigerate over night.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, use a fork to mix butter, sugar, flour, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Evenly sprinkle pecans and streusel topping over the casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes, until the casserole is golden and no longer jiggles. Serve warm with syrup