It’s finally pumpkin season, and we’ve got plenty of recipes to help you enjoy fall! These cookies feel particularly spooky to us, making them the perfect Halloween treat!
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Reese’s Pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix; set aside.
- In a small pot over medium-low heat, slowly melt the butter. Use a rubber spatula to stir occasionally. Eventually, after about 6 minutes, the butter will foam and begin to brown. Once the browned bits have reached a rich toffee color, pour it into a large glass bowl to prevent further browning. Allow the butter to cool for about three minutes, then pour in the sugars and stir until well combined.
- Add the pumpkin purée and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients all at once, and fold until just incorporated.
- Add the Reese’s Pieces, and stir until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the batter, and place closely on a baking sheet, then transfer to the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Before baking, spread out the cookies, allowing about 2 1/2 inches between each cookie. Sprinkle with flaky salt.
- Bake for about 11 minutes, or until lightly browned.