Homemade dumplings stuffed with a mixture of flavorful beef and spices, boiled to perfection.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 lb beef minced meat (ground beef)
- 1/4 bunch of scallions
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- For the wrappers: Mix a small pinch of salt with flour, dig a hole in the center and then stir the water in.
- Mix the flour and water with chopsticks or hands during the process so you can adjust the water amount if necessary. Then knead the dough for 8 to 10 minutes with a stand mixer
- or by hand until the dough is almost smooth.
- Cover and rest for 15 minutes. Then re-knead the dough for 2 to 3 minutes for a very smooth dough.
- For the filling: Mix together meat, scallions, ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and salt and pepper. Let sit.
- For the dumplings: When the dough becomes soft and smooth, cut in half and knead each half into a round ball. Cut in half again and roll into a log. Divide the log into 1 inch dough pieces. Roll or press it into a thin circle.
- Place one tablespoon of filling in the center, and press or pleat to seal the dumpling. Move quickly or have someone help you, as the wrappers will dry out fast.
- Boil a big pot of water, cooking the dumplings in batches of 8 until they are cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter and eat.