Y’all, this dip is delicious. And it’s shareable, so it’s the perfect appetizer for your next holiday get-together!
Recipe: Caramelized Onion and Bacon Wreath Dip
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup slivered onions
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 5 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled and divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 11-ounce can refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in medium skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil. Cook 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Let cool. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl until blended. Add onions and mix well. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon and 1/4 cup Parmesan for later use; stir remaining bacon and Parmesan into cream cheese mixture. Cut bread dough into 16 slices; stand around edge of 10-inch cast-iron skillet, with cut sides of bread against side of skillet and overlapping edges of bread slices if necessary to fit. Spoon cream cheese mixture into center of skillet, spreading to edges of dough. Sprinkle top of dip with reserved bacon and Parmesan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until bread is golden brown and dip is heated through. Melt remaining butter; brush onto bread. Sprinkle chives over dip and serve warm.