These loaded hot dogs come from one of the Midwest’s most famous cities. The poppy seed bun is a must.
Classic Chicago Dogs
- 6 split hot dog buns
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 6 all-beef hot dogs
- 6 dill pickle spears
- 12 tomato wedges
- Yellow mustard
- Sweet relish
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 6 pepperoncini peppers, sliced into rings
- Brush outsides of buns with butter; sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake buns, split sides down, at 350 degrees until warm and slightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Warm hot dogs in boiling water for 5 minutes and then transfer to buns.
- Arrange a pickle on 1 side of each hot dog and 2 tomato wedges on the other side. Squirt mustard over each hot dog and top with a dollop of relish.
- Top each hot dog with chopped onions, pepperoncini rings and a sprinkle of celery salt.