Besides being a delightfully fruity and sweet spring cocktail, this coconut blueberry smash is also pretty enough to share with your Instagram followers.
Coconut Blueberry Smash
- 1 handful of fresh blueberries
- 1.5 ounces vodka
- 1.5 ounces cream of coconut
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- ice (smashed and cubed)
- 1 ounce blueberry simple syrup
- For the simple syrup:
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Start by making the simple syrup. Put blueberries, water and sugar in a medium-sized pan over low heat until the blueberry juices release and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside until cooled. Once cooled, strain the syrup into a cup and set aside.
- Muddle 5-8 blueberries at the bottom of a short cocktail glass and fill 3/4 of glass with shaved ice.
- Pour a handful of cubed ice into a cocktail shaker along with the vodka, cream of coconut (be sure to whisk this together before adding as it tends to separate in the can), blueberry syrup, pineapple and lemon juice. Shake for about 5-10 seconds and pour into the cocktail glass until just under the rim.
- Top with ice, fresh blueberries or any other garnish of your choice.