A simple poke cake full of light coconut flavor.
Coconut Poke Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small box coconut cream instant pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can cream of coconut
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-by-13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together the cake mix, eggs, milk, oil, instant pudding and vanilla until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 32-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, mix the cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk in a medium bowl.
- Remove cake from oven. Poke holes in the hot cake with the round end of a wooden spoon and slowly pour the cream of coconut mixture over the cake, filling the holes.
- Let cake cool completely.
- When the cake is completely cool, top with Cool Whip and sprinkle with sweetened coconut flakes. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.