Need to sneak some green into your holiday meals? Consider this creamy spinach bake your hero. Although it’s not the healthiest side dish, it does pack in a lot of spinach and makes it taste amazing at that.
Creamy Spinach Bake
- 3 (10-ounce) packages frozen spinach
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 to 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Thaw spinach according to package directions. Wring out with paper towels or a clean dishcloth to get as much water out of the spinach as possible.
- While spinach is thawing, melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Add shallots and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 20 seconds. Add the thawed spinach, cream cheese, salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium baking dish and top with bread crumbs and Parmesan. Bake until topping is golden and spinach is warmed through, about 10 to 15 minutes.