A fresh take on a Fourth of July classic. These hot dogs are topped with hearty Dixie Caviar: An olive-oil-and-vinegar-based mixture of black-eyed peas, corn kernels, red bell pepper, chopped green onion and pickled jalapeño slices. Pro tip: The Dixie Caviar also makes a delicious dip.
- 15 oz. canned black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup canned white corn kernels
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil and vinegar salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño slices
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- A handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Hot dogs
- Hot dog buns
- Sour cream (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until well-mixed. Cover and let chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook hot dogs according to package directions.
- When done, put hot dogs in buns and top with Dixie Caviar and sour cream to serve.