Nothing says summer like shaved ice, and this grapefruit-mint flavor combination makes the perfect refreshing treat.
Grapefruit Mint Shaved Ice
- 4 cups of ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- A pinch of salt
- Pour 1 cup of grapefruit juice along with the sugar, chopped mint and salt into a small pot. Bring to a boil, and boil for one minute.
- Allow the syrup to cool completely. Pour through a strainer to remove the mint leaves. Pour the liquid in a container, and put in the freezer to freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Once frozen, scrape with a spoon or ice cream scoop into cups to eat. Top with fresh mint leaves.