Cabbage doesn’t sound like an exciting side dish, but throw some on the grill, cover it in this tangy sauce and get excited because cabbage can, in fact, be delicious.
Grilled Cabbage with Spicy Lime Sauce
- 1 head of green cabbage
- 1/4 cup lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Grapeseed or canola oil
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Blend the lime juice, olive oil, fish sauce, garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper, cayenne and sugar in a food processor or small blender. Set aside.
- Remove the outer leaves of the cabbage, and cut into 8 wedges. Leave the stalk and core.
- Lightly brush the wedges with grapeseed or canola oil.
- Place the wedges on the grill and cover. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the edges begin to blacken and the cabbage begins to soften.
- Flip, cover and cook for 5-7 more minutes. Cook for more time if you would like it be softer/more well-done.
- Remove from the grill, and arrange the wedges on a plate. Pour the dressing over the top and serve immediately, with lime wedges for garnish.