Throw these chicken drumsticks on the grill for a simple, delicious meal.
Grilled Lemon Chicken Drumsticks
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons, for zest and juice
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to make a marinade.
- Pat the drumsticks dry with paper towel, and add to a large bowl or baking dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken, and toss to coat.
- Cover the dish and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill on medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the grill.
- Cook until golden brown and cooked throughly, about 20-30 minutes.
- Rest for five minutes before serving. Garnish with additional lemon or oregano, if desired.