The longer it sits, the more intense the flavor. Also a great gift idea!
Recipe: Marinated Feta
- 2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red chile flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound feta cheese
- Combine the coriander, cumin and crushed red pepper flakes in a small frying pan over medium heat. Shake pan gently until spices are fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl. Add the basil, grated orange peel and olive oil and stir gently to combine. Slice the feta cheese into 3/4-inch squares. Layer the feta squares into glass jars, leaving about 1/2-inch headroom in jars. Pour the oil mixture into the jar, covering the feta completely. Seal tightly and refrigerate 24 hours. You can also put feta in a bowl or other container, just be sure the oil and spice mixture covers the feta and the container is tightly sealed. Remove feta after 24 hours and serve on skewers or toothpicks.