The perfect Southern finger food for any celebration.
Mini Pimiento Cheese BLT Biscuits
- 2 cups unbleached self-rising flour
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup pimento cheese
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 15-20 strips bacon, cooked
- For the cheddar biscuits: Preheat oven to 425° with a rack in the upper third.
- Toss cheese together with the flour in a large mixing bowl. Add the cream and stir to combine.
- Using your hands, work the mixture into a cohesive dough.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface. Pat the dough flat (¾ inch to 1-inch thick; the thicker the disc, the taller the biscuits). Use a 1 ½ inch round biscuit cutter (or the size of your choice) to cut rounds.
- Place the biscuits on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush the tops of the biscuits with cream or milk.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Assemble the Biscuits: Once cooled, slice each biscuit in half. Spread one half with pimento cheese. Then, layer on bacon, arugula and slice of cherry tomato. Top with other half of biscuit. Use a toothpick to skewer together.