You probably think watermelon is refreshing enough on its own, right? Well, wait until you try this mojito watermelon salad (don’t worry, it’s family-friendly/alcohol-free). It is the perfect, refreshing side dish for Fourth of July or any gathering this summer.
- 4 cups of watermelon, seedless and cubed
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 5 mint leaves, chopped
- extra lime wedges or mint leaves for garnish, optional
- In a large bowl, mix together the watermelon and blueberries.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the lime juice, sugar, and chopped mint leaves.
- Pour over the fruit and toss to coat.
- For the best flavors, let it sit in the fridge for a few hours.
- Top with garnish if desired and serve.