They may sound complicated, but these homemade chocolates are actually pretty easy to make. Keep them simple and classic or personalize them for the bride and groom with colored candy melts.
Nutella & Caramel Chocolates
- 8 ounces baking chocolate of your choice
- Candy melts (optional, for accent colors/designs)
- Small jar caramel sauce
- Silicone candy mold
- Heat a small pan filled with enough water to cover the bottom over low heat. Place about half of your chocolate in a glass bowl and place it on top of the pan so that the bowl rests on top of it.
- Heat the chocolate, stirring occasionally, until it is smooth and completely melted. Reduce heat or remove from heat to get the chocolate to reach a temperature of about 89 degrees.
- If you want to create a design on your chocolates, use this same method to heat candy melts or accent chocolate. Pipe the design directly into the mold and allow to set before filling with the chocolate that will create your candy’s shell.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the mold. Fill each of the squares (or whatever shape you’re using) to the top.
- Once filled, tip the mold upside down over the bowl you heated the chocolate in and tip out any excess. Once the excess has tipped out, use a sharp knife to scrape any excess chocolate from the top of the mold.
- Put the mold into the refrigerator or freezer for at least half an hour to set.
- To fill your chocolates, remove the mold from the fridge once it has set. Carefully spoon about a teaspoon of nutella or caramel into each square, filling them almost to the top. Set aside.
- Place more baking chocolate in the glass bowl you used to melt chocolate before. Repeat the same process, melting chocolate to be used to create the bases for your candies.
- Once melted, spoon chocolate carefully to top each square on your mold. The chocolate should come just above the mold. Use a knife to scrape any excess chocolate off of the mold.
- Return to fridge to set for at least half an hour. Remove from fridge and carefully remove chocolates from the mold.