Everybody loves a one-pot dinner. While it may involve less cleanup, this pasta recipe still packs all of the flavor – and with mushrooms, spinach and artichokes, it’s also a good way to get your vegetables in for the day.
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 ounces portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat, combine fettuccine, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, thyme, red pepper flakes and 4 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced.
- Add spinach, parmesan and butter and stir in until the spinach has wilted.
- Serve immediately.