Light, lemony and full of flavor, you’ll want to make this pesto, asparagus and prosciutto pasta all spring long.
Recipe: Pesto, Asparagus & Prosciutto Pasta
- 4 ounces thinly-sliced prosciutto
- 1 pound long-cut pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup basil pesto, homemade or store-bought
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Grated parmesan, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the prosciutto in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and bake 8-10 minutes or until crisp.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and boil the pasta to al dente, according to package directions. During the last 2-3 minutes of cooking, add the asparagus to the water. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta-cooking water and then drain.
- Toss the hot pasta and asparagus with the pesto, jalapeño, ricotta, lemon zest, juice and enough of the pasta-cooking water to create a sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with crispy prosciutto, chives and parmesan.